The Clarendon Hills Public Library circulates materials in a variety of formats including books, magazines, books on CD and DVDs. A valid library card from a SWAN library is required to be presented at time of checkout. A person with a library card from an Illinois library outside of the SWAN consortium can use their card at the Clarendon Hills Library, if their home library - when contacted - states the card is in good standing. CHPL card holders may check out without their library card present if they show a valid ID. The length of time for which an item may be checked out differs by material type and format.
Length of Loan
Can be renewed *
Fines Per Day
|New Books||2 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Books (excepting new books)||3 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|School Reading List Display||2 weeks||No, cannot renew||$.10|
|BOOKS ON CD|
|New Books on CD||2 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Books on CD (excepting new Books on CD)||3 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|New Music CDs||2 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Music CDs (excepting new Music CDs)||3 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|All Magazines (excepting newest issue of Adult magazines)||3 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Feature DVDs||1 week||Yes||$1.00|
|TV Shows on DVD||2 weeks||Yes||$1.00|
|New Non-Fiction DVDs||2 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Non-Fiction DVDs (excepting new DVDs)||3 weeks||Yes||$.10|
|Wii Games||1 week||Yes||$1.00|
|Kindle eReaders (CHPL adult card holders only)||2 weeks||Yes||$1.00|
|Canvas Book Bags||3 weeks||Yes||$ .10|
* An item can only be renewed if no one else is on a wait list for that item. Items can be renewed up to 2 times. How to renew your library materials.
Fines and Fees
- Items that are returned after their due dates are assessed a daily late fee (see chart above). The library does not charge overdue fines for Sundays and other days when the building is closed.
- For lost or damaged items, please contact the library as soon as possible. In addition to the item cost, a processing fee of $5.00 is charged for each lost or damaged item. This is a standard fee charged by all libraries in the library system.
- Fines and fees may be paid by cash or check at the Circulation Desk. Patrons wanting to pay by credit card may do so through the My Account feature in the SWAN Catalog.
- To pay fines through My Account: