Placing a hold on a library item puts you on a waiting list to receive the item when a copy becomes available. When the item is available for you, you are notified and can pick it up at the front desk of the Clarendon Hills Public Library (CHPL) or other SWAN library of your choice.
Holds can be placed on CHPL materials that are currently checked out or on materials not owned at CHPL that are available from other libraries in the SWAN Catalog.
To place a hold, you can:
- Come in person to the library and ask staff to place an item on hold for you.
- Call the library at 630-323-8188 and ask staff to place a hold for you.
- Place the hold yourself through the SWAN Catalog. To do this:
- Go to the SWAN Catalog.
- Search for the item you are interested in.
- After finding the item, click on the Place Hold button on the right side of the item’s record.
- At this time, if you are not logged in to your SWAN My Account, you will be asked to enter your library card number and PIN. If you have never used your SWAN My Account before and are unsure of your PIN, try the last 4 digits of the phone number attached to your library card account. If that does not work, please call the library to verify your PIN number.
- Once logged in, you can choose what library you would like to pick your item up at (the default is CHPL).
- Then click on the Place Hold button.
- You should see a Success message if your hold has successfully been placed.