Haven't finished your book yet and it's due tomorrow? Don't worry, you can extend the loan period of your library items by renewing them for additional time. If your item had a 2 week loan period, renewing that item would extend your due date another 2 weeks from the day of renewal - three week loan period items would renew for 3 weeks, etc.
There are 4 ways to renew your items:
- Come in person to the library and ask staff to renew your item(s).
- Call the library at 630-323-8188 and ask staff to renew your item(s).
- Do it yourself through your SWAN My Account.
To renew items through your SWAN My Account:
- Go the library’s web site at www.clarendonhillslibrary.org.
- Click on the My Account link on the top right of the screen (or click on this My Account link)
- Log in with your library card number (barcode) and PIN. If you do not know your PIN, try the last 4 digits of your phone number. If that does not work, please call the library and ask staff to verify your PIN.
- Click on Log in.
- Your account information should appear. Click on the Checkouts tab.
- Click on the box to the left of each item you want to renew.
- Then click on the red Renew button at the bottom of the screen.
- If your item renewed, you will see a "your item has been successfully renewed" message next to the item and the due date will have changed.
- If the item cannot be renewed, the reason why will appear next to the date due. For example, books that have holds for other patrons cannot be renewed. If you try to renew a book that has holds, the message "On Hold" will appear.