If someone is temporarily or permanently confined to their home due to illness, age, disability or other circumstances, they may qualify to receive homebound services and have library materials delivered to their home on a monthly basis.
WHO is eligible?
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Must live in incorporated Clarendon Hills in residential housing – hospitals, group homes or other institutions are not included in this service.
- Must have a valid Clarendon Hills library card.
- Temporarily (minimum of 30 days) or permanently confined to their home due to illness, age, disability or other circumstances.
- Library may require a doctor’s statement.
WHAT can they request?
- Specific titles or Library staff can choose for them based on preferences/questionnaire.
- Only items owned by Clarendon Hills Public Library, no interlibrary loaned materials will be delivered.
- No new DVD releases will be delivered.
- We may limit the number of items depending on size and weight.
HOW long is the checkout period?
- One month.
WHEN will we deliver?
- Limit is 1 visit per month per household.
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at a mutually agreed upon time.
- If something unexpected arises (staff calls in sick, bad weather, etc.), we will call to reschedule.